Most people feel that this is not the best time to think about selling homes or investing in home improvement projects. However, a few recent studies and most of experts in real estate matter tend to say otherwise. According to the ASLA (American Society of Landscape Architects) the secret to enhancing your home value while ensuring top returns for every dollar invested is increasing the curb appeal of your home.
What Exactly Is Curb Appeal?
Curb appeal is what gives the first impression to the buyers as they enter your property. Normally, landscaping can be an excellent home improvement as nobody can resist a carefully manicured lawn, well kept garden, fountains, etc. However, hiring a landscaping architect can cost you a small fortune, which in the present economic condition is not really a good idea. However, there are other solutions that you could use to improve the curb appeal of your home. Here are some cost efficient ideas you could use:
- Ingenious Path Walks – Use radium paint on the foot walk of your home. This will absorb light during the day and glow wonderfully well into the night creating a magnetic ambiance. It does not take much to get this thing done or maintained and the effect is stunning.
- Beautify Your Backyard – Pay attention to your backyard as much as the front side of your home. While a crisp-looking lawn is very inviting, a well kept backward with perennial flowers, fruit trees or green foliage can improve the view from indoors and also the home value. Planting a hedge, trees, and perennial plats/ flowers does not cost too much, but it greatly enhances the appeal of your home.
- Set Up A Kitchen Garden/ Herbs Corner – most people wish to have a great kitchen garden that will give them access to fresh vegetables and fruits, but have not time, knowledge or willingness to invest the effort necessary to build it. Set up a kitchen/ herb garden and this would enhance the value of your home significantly.
- Add Colour To Your Outdoors – beautify the outdoors with fancy looking birdbaths, strategically planted trees, rocks, colourful round-the-year blooms, and so on. You can create a mini paradise quite cost efficiently with a little effort invested on researching on the net.
- Provide Appropriate Lighting – use your imagination and ornate lighting fixtures to increase the appeal of the outdoors of your home both in the front and backyard. Besides providing adequate light (functionality), it will add immense aesthetic value. The investment required by such types of home improvement are relatively low, but the return on the dollar is quite high.
There are many things you could do to enhance the curb appeal of your home, which in turn would greatly enhance your home value. It is a myth that only expensive home improvement projects add value to the home. If you are willing to put in a little effort and research a little, you will be able to not only save a small fortune on the remodelling of the exteriors of your home, but also ensure a good increase on the value of your property.
At Groupon, you can find coupons and deals for all types of products. This includes home improvement items from Home Depot or even clothes and shoes from Rue21. Make sure to check it out to lower the costs for your home remodeling and lifestyle.
When you think about buying furniture, do you get a little overwhelmed or do you look forward to it? If you are more intimidated, it’s time to educate yourself about buying furniture without getting too stressed. Keep reading if you need help with shopping for your new furniture.
When purchasing a couch, look for one that is well-built, then worry about comfort. Supported by springs is what the cushions lay on top of. Serpentine springs are acceptable but eight-way, hand-tied springs are better. You should feel the springs through the fabric in order to test them. Good springs are closely spaced and very firm.
Continue reading “Look At This Before You Get Furniture”
Home improvement projects can be stressful, particularly if you are new to them. No homeowner can afford to ignore home improvement work forever, though. If you have contemplated making home improvements but don’t know where to start, you have come to the right place.
When it’s time to redo a roof, try getting tile that’s white or something that’s light colored. Lighter colors reflect the sun more efficiently, lessening the build up of heat in your attic. Simple tips like the color of your roof can add up to big savings over the lifetime of a roof.
Once a week, at least, dust your home. Dust bunnies can start creeping up after a few days, and that encourages allergens to interfere with your life. Cleaning your home thoroughly once a week is also a good way to get rid of parasites and to keep everything looking nice.
Continue reading “Home Improvement: Make Your Home More Valuable With These Easy Tips”
You want your home to be something that you can truly be proud of. When you do your homework before embarking on a DIY project, you can be sure of performing your task successfully and well. This article has advice that can help you improve your home.
Determine the style that you desire before engaging in a renovation project for your home. Figuring out your decorative style has a major impact on what decisions you make. It is easy to fall in the trap of switching styles in the middle of a project, and not seeing the error of your ways until it’s too late. Mistakes like this one can result in you having to backtrack and are also a waste of money.
You kitchen is a great place to start improving your home. You might start off by cleaning those dingy, greasy walls. Use a trisodium phosphate mix for stubborn stains. This mixture will not only remove grease but also prep the walls for a new coat of paint. Re-paint your kitchen in a color you love; you’ll be shocked how great the heart of your home looks when you’ve finished.
Continue reading “Home Improvement Tips To Make Life At Home More Comfortable And Convenient”
Some people say that performing any home improvement task can be very difficult, but that’s only true if you don’t know the right way to do it. Like anything else in the world, having the proper knowledge and information will make any home improvement project much easier to complete. The following article contains some great information you can use when considering a home improvement project.
Use some aluminum tape to help you patch cracks in the roof. Take off the paper backing before applying the tape to a smooth and clean surface. The tape bonds strongly to the roof and provides a waterproof seal that will prevent minor leaks.
Continue reading “Take A Look At These Great Home Improvement Tips!”
The concept of home improvement has existed as long as homes have been around. We all want a beautiful and comfortable home, and sometimes improvements are necessary to accomplish that. Keep reading below to get some great tips on how to handle home improvement in the 21st century.
If you are purchasing a house, make sure to enlist a professional home inspector. This way, you’ll be clear on what repairs or replacements need to be made. Enlisting a professional inspector who does not have a stake in the sale is a smart method of keeping things honest.
Use a porch light with a motion sensor to cut down on your electric bill. You can turn the light on manually, and on many models, you can also adjust its sensitivity.
Continue reading “Home Improvement Tips You Can’t Do Without!”